The Department of Defense is awarding 21 small business contracts that could total $7.5 billion.
The contracts for Systems Engineering, Technology and Innovation (SETI) — a multiple-award order contract to solve IT engineering and developmental requirements — were awarded through the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA), a combat support agency of the Defense Department.
The contracts were awarded on an indefinite-deliver/indefinite-quantity basis, meaning they are not guaranteed this money, but instead have the opportunity to receive it if requirements are met.
Some of these small businesses proposed solutions related to current or emerging gaps in technological capabilities. An example of these emerging gaps in communications links caused by new capabilities related to satellite communications or data transmission technologies.
The small businesses also offered solutions to mapping relationships between DISA’s technology areas, business functions, processes and capabilities in order to assist in leadership decision-making.
There were two pools of candidates for these contracts: unrestricted and restricted. The unrestricted pool — which went to large businesses and was announced June 14, 2018 — caused a delay in the restricted pool for small businesses when multiple protests arose over the acquisition requirements.
The full list of contract awardees includes:
- Affinity Innovations LLC,* Hanover, Maryland (HC1047-19-D-2020)
- Applied Systems Engineering Joint Venture LLC,* Annapolis Junction, Maryland (HC1047-19-D-2021)
- A Square Group LLC,* Rockville, Maryland (HC1047-19-D-2022)
- Business Computers Management Consulting Group LLC,* Falls Church, Virginia (HC1047-19-D-2023)
- Bluestone Logic LLC,* Washington, District of Columbia (HC1047-19-D-2024)
- Credence Management Solutions LLC,* Vienna, Virginia (HC1047-19-D-2025)
- DHPC Technologies Inc.,* Woodbridge, New Jersey (HC1047-19-D-2026)
- InCadence Strategic Solutions Corp.,* Manassas, Virginia (HC1047-19-D-2027)
- INNOPLEX LLC,* Columbia, Maryland (HC1047-19-D-2028)
- Innovation Evolution Technologies JV LLC,* Reston, Virginia (HC1047-19-D-2029)
- Innovative Government Solutions JV LLC,* Virginia Beach, Virginia (HC1047-19-D-2030)
- Integrated Systems Inc.,* Tysons Corner, Virginia (HC1047-19-D-2031)
- Interactive Process Technology LLC,* Billerica, Massachusetts (HC1047-19-D-2032)
- Mission Support LP,* McLean, Virginia (HC1047-19-D-2033)
- NetCentric Technologies Inc.,* Wall, New Jersey (HC1047-19-D-2034)
- Riverside Engineering LLC,* Vienna, Virginia (HC1047-19-D-2035)
- Semper AASKI Alliance Inc.,* Canyon Lake, Texas (HC1047-19-D-2036)
- Superlative Technologies Inc.,* Ashburn, Virginia (HC1047-19-D-2037)
- Synergy Business Innovation & Solutions Inc.,* Arlington, Virginia (HC1047-19-D-2038)
- TekSynap Corp.,* Reston, Virginia (HC1047-19-D-2039)
- Tiber Creek Consulting Inc.,* Fairfax, Virginia (HC1047-19-D-2040)
- ValidaTek Inc.,* Arlington, Virginia (HC1047-19-D-2041)
- VOLANT Associates LLC,* Chantilly, Virginia (HC1047-19-D-2042)